This module is essentially a 'content rotator' that displays a 'quote' and 'author' in the module. You enter content (e.g. quote for the day) and author in the database, and the entires are randomly displayed when a page is loaded. You can see a demonstration of this on the About Us page.
The module is available from http://smccolluch.net for a subscription fee to the site. Subscribing to the site gives you access to more that half a dozen useful modules (both source code and private assemblies) for $35/year or $20 for a month or so.. I figure that makes the module cost less than $5. It's a bargain.
1. Download the private assembly zip file and put it in a folder where you can locate it later. I always put these files in a folder named Program Downloads so I can find them easily.
2. Log on to your portal as host. You must have host permissions to add modules unless special permisson has been granted to another login.
3. Hover over the Host menu link then select Module Definitions from the submenu.
4. Hover over the left arrow on the title and select Add New Module from the menu.
5. Browse to the location of the private assembly zip file you downloaded.
6. Click 'Add' to add the file to the upload dialog box.
7. Click 'Upload New File' to initiate the installation process and install the module.
8. Inspect the installation log for indications of errors or problems.
9. Click 'Return' to go back to the Module Definition page. You should now see the module on the list of installed modules.
10. The module will now appear on the dropdown list of modules on the administration tool bar.
11. To add the module, select it from the list, select the pane and location and click 'Add' to install an instance of the module.
12, The module appears with no content initially under the title of DnnForge -Quotes.
13. To configure the module, select View Options from the menu.
14. The default configuration is to display both quote and author, however, you can modify this by adding or deleting the [tags] in the template. Expand Template Help for help. Click 'Update' when done.
15. To add a new quote, select 'Add New Quote'.
16. Enter the content, then click 'Update'.
17. You will now see your quote displayed in a list of quotes. To add another quote, click 'Add Quote'.
18. Add another quote and click 'Update'.
19. You will now see the new quote on the list.
20. Click Cancel to return to the module page display and see one of the quotes randomly displayed..
21. To edit quotes, click on Edit Quote List.
22. To select the quote you want to edit. click on the pencil to bring up the dialog box and make changes.
23. The default title is DnnForge -Quotes and you will probably want to change this.
24. To change the title of the module, click on Settings.
25. Modify the title, containers, or other module characteristics as you chose. When you are done, click 'Update' to return to the module page display.
That's it! You now have a content rotator for 'quote of the day' or other purposes.